Tuesday, February 28, 2012

SEX AND THE CITY
THE STORIES,THE FASHION AND THE ADVENTURES
The very high end fashionable cover with SJP.

My best friend was in New-York briefly and while she was there,she told me everyday she went shopping,she got a book but i wonder how she didn't tell me about the new Sex and the city so when i got the memo she was back,i rushed there and the first thing my eyes saw was this book. It was so rich and the cover was very glam which was why i grabbed it and ducked it inside my bag.Seriously i had an amazing time reading this book which by the way i started reading in traffic but got so into it when i kept on flipping through the fabulous pages of the very adventurous Carrie Bradshaw, Samantha,Charlotte and Miranda... Do we have friends this close knitted these days?-Question for a few years time...Lol! And please don't mind my pictures,i just had to take them with my phone...*smiles*

One of my favorite piece by SJP and it simply reminded me of a dress made by the Nigerian designer Toju Foyeh for Most beautiful girl in Nigeria[MBGN] and Miss Nigeria 2010 when they made the Thisday style cover.
 Its so fascinating to know so much that we'd normally not even think of about the movie after reading this book. Things like the set designing and their wardrobes[my favorite parts],the stories behind the locations which a lot of people believed was in Abu Dhabi.[Sadly i have a few people say "i was in Dubai and my chauffeur took me round,we even went to some of the locations where sex and the city was shot"].

Now this is a re-make of business class session and lounge inside the supposed Fly Emirates airline.

And here's the 5star hotel they where lodged in but @ that time,it was new with no running water and constant electricity flowing but how'd you know if this book wasn't written..
Reading this book got me thinking when will Nollywood ever produce such a high budget movie but when the thought of how fast they take to produce a movie here and how long it takes to produce in Hollywood,i just zip. 

How the set designer transformed an empty space into this magnificent club  replicating what the producer  originally saw in Dubai is what got me.
The stylist Patricia Field,for sex and the city who i heard has her own book centered on the movie went through some rigorous work to put up pieces and looks for this movie. From the dresses to the shoes and the accessories including the out-of-this world diamond ring worth a whooping $4.9million plus its full-time security guard to and fro the location in far away Morocco which we all thought was Abu Dhabi..
My favorite look of Miranda. Total transformation from serious workaholic to glam glam

I love this dress by Oscar dela Renta on charlotte. The detailing is o interesting. too sad in the book she didnt stand.

Ok! i have a thing for one arm dresses and this is simply spectacular.

Glam Queen... Samantha pulled off every outfit she had on in SATC. This spiky shoulder jacket is simply to die for.  Took me back to a jacket from Burberry's 2011 S/S collection.
A pic of the cloths,accessories and shoes for SNTC




One of my favorite looks of Charlotte. Very chic and the LV weekender will almost pass as a go to bag... Lol!

Keke and I think this was one of the most fabulous dresses in the entire movie.... I'm sure we just love it on SJP.
I also have to confess that i hid somewhere in the office[our audio studio to be precise] just so i can have an absolutely "me time" enjoying this book. And by the time i updated my bbm status about having a good time reading this book,my best friend Keke called me and said "so you're with that book"... Lol

No comments: