Wednesday, February 20, 2013

FASHION: THE HITS&MISSES AT DAREY'S LOVE LIKE A MOVIE

Sadly,i missed this show but from words i heard it was the best show to be staged in Nigeria so far. But alot of people seem to be upset with my friend reality TV star Kim Kardashian for spending less than 50seconds on stage and approximately less than 1hour in Nigeria. I care less about that... You know am all about the fashion and for starters it's the man of the night;

Darey looked every inch like he owned the night in a well tailored to fit tuxedo in the traditional black and white ensemble. I for one liked the brooch and patent shoes he killed the entire look with. Triple thumbs up for Darey on this one.
Darey
 Last i checked, it's very sunny and hot in Lagos and if i can remember, nobody tweeted about a rainy day the night of this event. My question here is, "Are you feeling hot or not" in this ensemble with a thick leather jacket on? Nice pair of Christian Louboutin flats,nice trousers[i suspect zara] and the perfect T-shirt. Without the jacket, it's a stunning casual look for the night which i still think isn't appropriate for such an event. But with this jacket on.... Oh no, epic fail! Dr Sid has rocked better looks in my books.
Dr Sid
 I have been a follower of Waje since i saw her on TV first and i have been disturbing her to slim down. So you can imagine the excitement i feel that my wish is coming to pass. Lovely floor length dress with a lacey upper layer i actually like. But i wish she rocked a pair of patent stilettos/pointies to finish this look not those sandals. Hell no! i dis-agree.
Waje
All for love like a movie,matchy-matchy turtle neck and blazer to matchy-matchy socks and ticket tag/band. Way to go boy! Jokes aside,this boy must be suffering from serious heat. How will you come out looking like you're in borrowed cloths... I mean, a well toned/fitted turtle neck preferably in black would have given him the desired look not this "JOKE"!
Ifeanyi Dike
 Kim must have gone through series of fittings to find the perfect dress for this event but sadly she didn't get the memo that Nigeria especially Lagos is one hell of a microwave at the time of this show. Leather in Lagos? Not werq-ing girl!
Darey and kim Kardashian
 Dj Exclusive isn't only good at what he does but in the style department, nigga gotta have some good scores. Brilliant look and very well put together for the event. Now i need me some sequined blazer.
Dj Exclusive
 I love creativity brought forward and here's one ringing the alarm. I absolutely love this drapping blazer. But the uniqueness didn't shine through the way Mo'Eazy rocked it. I'd rather a perfect skinny cut pant and some boots NOT a sneakers. But i must give him a pass mark for opting for the all black everything.
Mo'Eazy
 Same old, same old... Expected nothing spectacular. I love her loafers though.
Weird MC
 OMG! I love this dress and i think it's such a huge risk to make this dress work but she did it for me. Figure hugging floor length number with heart shape prints in red plus matching red purse. Let me assume the shoes are red.... Now this is what i call understated glamour. love it absolutely.
Nkiru Anumudu

Click Click back for more photos when i lay my hands on them. 

Picture credit:Maestromedia.

1 comment:

Bree said...

I think Kim didn't put any effort into her appearance at all. What does she take us for? Worst look ever.