Monday, February 25, 2013

DENRELE PAYS WHAT BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES AS TRIBUTE TO BFF GOLDIE...


It was my 3rd night in South Africa when i got a bbm from an entertainment journalist Ogagus asking me to confirm if Goldie is alive. I told him to cut the crap and forget all these random death rumours. Nevertheless,i still went ahead with the investigation. Immediately,i sent a bbm to the musician Jaywon and he replied "She dey yankee,but she suppose come back today". I sent Goldie a bbm but it didnt deliver. I contacted a friend of the house Shola(Sir K) who was in London and he said to me, he has heard but he cannot be sure and he doesn't want to believe. Restless me, i contacted Kola of Kollertunes for Denrele's buddy Wale's number and he gave me. I placed a call through immediately to Wale but the number was busy for about five minutes before it connected. And Wale broke the news to me but it was still hard to believe. I got through to Denrele through his driver Ismail and he said "our friend is gone". Now it was so hard to bear. Very shocking and heart wrenching. Goldie was such a good person who says it as it is. Laughs at your not-so-funny jokes, very supportive and a very hard worker who never takes a NO for an answer. Always made statements on the red carpet or on stage when she performs and pheww... we all loved her dance routines when she performs.

Today Goldie is layed to rest finally and my friend Elohor brought to my notice Denrele 's tribute which brought tears to her eyes and she went on and on about how touched she felt. I knew since it was Denrele,it will even break a tortoise back because i know Denrele is a fantastic writter and here he'll be pouring out his heart. I am so touched by the words and i can relate to Denrele because i knew how close he was to Goldie. He actually introduced me to Goldie and since then Goldie has been a good friend not only to me but to numerous people i know today.
The tribute was so touching i have to share here..

"My super star friend sways away and I stand watching till she fades on the horizon and someone at my side says "she's gone"...Gone where?


Gone from my sight, that is all. She is just as gorgeous now as when last I saw her.

Her slightly disappearing figure and total loss from my sight is in me, not in her.

And just at that moment, when someone at my side says she's gone, there are others who are watching her coming over their horizon and other voices take up a glad shout - There she comes! That is what dying id - An horizon and just the limit of our sight.
 
My lifeline, my lexicon, Therapist and support system…we have known lots of pleasure, at times endured ppai, we have lived in the sunshine and walked in the rain. I had acute malaria (was shaking terribly) but performed “skibobo” with you at the Industry Night and Loud&Proud show, I sprained my ankle but still shot your three videos in a row in S/A.

 I left my family house and moved in with you and your family right after all the Big Brother Africa madness, I did all the damage control….

 I fought every organizer simply cos I wanted you on the bill with me and split my show earnings with you, I dragged you to the American Embassy even if it meant I had to get up at 4am. I endured negative criticism because shallow minds couldn’t comprehend your brand essence – I started wearing block heels (you got me the most fabulous pair of Jeffrey Campbells) and I damned the consequences. I recorded the reality show “Tru Friendship” with you because you went on and on about it and I wanted to please you.
 

I have been your fierce-alter ego in all your videos, I have fought your fights, endured countless eccentric P.As with you…I can go on and on and this is how you leave me? You chose an eternal sleep over a fabulous life with me? Lest I forget, I ate the entire box of birthday chocolates Bola sent to you!

Phew, I can’t type anymore, I’m playing “Good To Me” (always disturbed you to release that song) and my notepad is a misty mass of my never ending tears. So sad when people who give you the best memories, become a memory!

The Goldie I knew, despite your success and worldwide recognition, still wondered, “Am I good enough?” “Am I pretty enough?” “Will they like me?” It was this burden that made you great…And that made you stumble in the end.

 Goldie if you can hear me now, you weren’t good just good enough – You were abso-frigging-lutely GREAT! You sang the whole damn song without a band- you made the picture of a showbiz star look so perfect!

Your parting has left a void, but I will fit it with remembered joy. A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss and oh yes, these things I too will miss. Even though we are separated and for a time apart, I am not alone cos you’re forever in my heart. I will move mountains to continue your legacy, I will crash ceilings to spread your good works, I will break barriers to sell your “market” but above all, I will cherish the awesome times we spent together…You will forever be my source of infinity!

We wore the same shoe size and had the same body proportions. You made me start strutting lashes and recall I wore that black dress of yours you never got to wear? No masterpiece can ever match your face! To everyone reading this piece, let my dear friend rest in peace! Speak no evil about her, she was too good to be true!

 I can hear you say to me…Mbirikoko, do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there, I do not sleep, Do not stand at my grave and cry…I am not there, I did not die!
"


May her soul rest in perfect peace,Amen!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brought tears to my eyes, wow! Losing sm1 close, u dnt belive, u jst dnt wnt to accept, its all a joke... May she RIP.

Anonymous said...

Oh God! Dis is touching...RIP Goldie

EGHO said...

Could not do much with my key pads as my fingers failed me, Efe its hard to believe but that is reality for us.
Now am sure she can sleep well. hmmmm

Anonymous said...

Oh God! Dis is touching...RIP Goldie

Anonymous said...

This is very touching,,,,Wao

Anonymous said...

Recuerdo chocar con ella en Estados Unidos y hasta 48 horas no he oído que está muerta, ¿qué clase de vida es esta Descansa en paz GOLDIE, ánimo a todos sus fans, familiares y amigos .. denrele sacar al bebé del corazón

Anonymous said...

Wow this is so sad, actually brought me to tears. I wish her well as she continues on her journey to eternal rest and pray God has mercy on her.

jahjah said...

Hhm wow..we will 4rever miss that queen(GOLDIE)may her gentle soul rest in perfect peace

jahjah said...

Hhm wow..we will 4rever miss that queen(GOLDIE)may her gentle soul rest in perfect peace

Anonymous said...

Naija has lost a gem RIP goldie

Anonymous said...

May her soul rest in peace and may GOD ALMIGHTY comfort her close friends, family and her hubby. Touching tribute Derenle as crazy as you look and act, you r such a good person, GOD the comforter will comfort you.

Anonymous said...

She is not dead, she just travelled 2 hola @ God on wat to next! She may take a while to get back but her star will watch over all!

Anonymous said...

May God give denrele the capability and ability to bear this loss.....RIP GOLDIE we all love you......

Omar said...

RIP Goldie..may ur family find the strenght to go through this trying time.

Kuku said...

Wow! *tears rolling* May Her Soul and all the Souls of the Departed Rest In Perfect Peace. Her Memory lives On...

uleoma said...

Omg!!!!! I'm in tears. This is just too much to bear. I can't even imagine what he's passing through at the moment. RIP Goldie :-(

misan said...

RIP Goldie.

Anonymous said...

Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I have really enjoyed surfing around your
blog posts. In any case I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

My site Technology News

Sweetoursholidays said...

What a tribute! Death has lost its sting, sleep on beloved. Just finds it difficult to comprehend, watching your interview after the last Grammy and your great roles at the BBA7. Be comforted Denrele, and everyone.